I have been making cheese and dairy foods commercially in Vermont since 1983:
- Guilford Cheese Company; part-owner; Brie & Camembert
- Shelburne Farms; cheesemaker; Cheddar
- Vermont Butter and Cheese Company, cheesemaker and quality control manager
- Westminster Dairy; part-owner; certified organic, farmstead cheeses from Jersey cow milk
- Consider Bardwell Farm: part-owner; farmstead and handmade cheese from the farm's goat milk and local cow and goat dairies
- Parish Hill Creamery owner and cheesemaker, handmade cheeses ~ check here for more information.
I continue to work as a teacher and dairy foods consultant, working with creameries and cheesemakers from Vermont to Shanghai, and offer small group consultations and workshops at Westminster Artisan Cheesemaking and Parish Hill Creamery.
I have used cow, goat, sheep and water buffalo milk to make a wide range of dairy foods including yogurt, sour cream and creme fraiche, butter, ice cream, and many varieties of fresh and aged cheeses.
Dairy Foods Consulting
As a dairy foods specialist, I have provided on-site technical assistance and classroom training in dairy food science and technology and quality control to small-scale dairy foods manufacturers and traditional cheesemakers for Land O'Lakes International Development Division projects in Macedonia and Albania and the USDA Marketing Assistance Project in Armenia.
Since 1996, I have consulted for clients throughout the US and in Canada.
- Cave & cellar designs: Cato Corner Farm, Bonnie Blue Farm, Consider Bardwell Farm
- Expansion plans and development of new cheeses: Vermont Shepherd, Birchrun Hills Farm, Cricket Creek Farm, Woodcock Farm, Haystack Mountain Goat Dairy, Shanghai Ambrosia Fine Foods Company
- Business planning & start-up: Mt. Mansfield Creamery, Mayfield Road Creamery, Lucky Penny Creamery, Taylor Farm Farmstead Gouda, Neighborly Farms of Vermont, Mecox Bay Dairy, Brovetto Dairy and Cheese House, Robie Farm, Clover Mead Farm
- Other clients include: Green Mountain Blue, Cobb Hill Farm, Goat Lady Dairy, Pedrozo Dairy, Estrella Family Creamery, Chase Hill Farm, Mount Townsend Creamery, Bonnie Blue Farm, Blackberry Farm, Three Ring Farm, Jericho Hill Farm, Stone Meadow Farm, Keswick Creamery, River Valley Ranch, Berle Farm, Kurtwood Farms, Clearview Farm, Nicasio Valley Cheese Co.,Cowgirl Creamery, Pugs Leap Cheese, Bleating Heart, Weirauch Creamery, Lovera Cheese, Cherry Grove Farm, Landaff Creamery.
Dixon, Dairy Foods Consulting
131 West Parish Road
Westminster West, VT 05346